LEATHER TOP END TABLE - WOOD OUTDOOR DINING TABLES - BARN WOOD DINING TABLES.
Leather Top End Table
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
- (End tables) are small tables typically placed beside couches or armchairs. Often lamps will be placed on an end table.
- (End tables) Usually bought in pairs, they accent the style of the coffee table or other furniture. Usually placed at the end of the sofa, it is a very important piece of a living room set.
- A piece of leather as a polishing cloth
- A material made from the skin of an animal by tanning or a similar process
- A thing made of leather, in particular
- an animal skin made smooth and flexible by removing the hair and then tanning
- Leather is a durable and flexible material created via the tanning of putrescible animal rawhide and skin, primarily cattlehide. It can be produced through different manufacturing processes, ranging from cottage industry to heavy industry.
- Be at the highest place or rank in (a list, poll, chart, or league)
- top(a): situated at the top or highest position; "the top shelf"
- exceed: be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
- Be taller than
- the upper part of anything; "the mower cuts off the tops of the grass"; "the title should be written at the top of the first page"
- Exceed (an amount, level, or number); be more than
Standard Crescendo Round Glass Top End Table in Brown Leather Finish
The appreciation for whimsical moods and decorative design is captured in the Standard Crescendo Round End Table. With a simulated brown leather color finish and antique burnished bronze color on steel. Crescendo occasional tables fashion thick beveled glass, fancy metal scrollwork legs, and detailed dental molding pattern imprinted on Crescendo's base and table tops. There is no mistaking that this is a transitional piece with influence from the Renaissance period. Features: Brown leather color finish Simulated antique burnished bronze color finish on steel Thick beveled round glass top Metal scrollwork Detailed dental molding pattern imprinted on base and table top Surfaces clean easily with a soft cloth Table Aprons match base scrollwork Safety Warning : Sharp edges on scrollwork Specifications: Overall dimensions: 23" H x 27" W x 27" D Weight: 47 lb
WWI German Medic and Armed German Sentry
An armed German sentry looks sternly on as a German medic examines the papers of a young boy.
This photograph is one of a set of three WWI photos taken at the same location in either Strassburg, Germany or somewhere in German-occupied Belgium. The photographer's stamp on the back reads, "Photogr. Dober, Strassburg, Dornengasse 4." However, the person who sold me this photograph believes that the boy's cap might be Belgian military and that a German photographer took the picture in Belgium and later developed it in his studio in Strassburg. The boy is wearing military-like leather leggings, and it is not know if he is an actual member of the military or perhaps a cadet at a military school. [NOTE: ART NAHPRO has solved the mystery as to the location. It is Strassburg. See discussion below.]
The sentry to the left is not only armed with a sword and wearing spurs, he is also armed with what appears to me might be a shotgun. This would seem to be a strange weapon for a soldier in the Imperial German Army to be carrying, but perhaps it was for riots or crowd control in close quarters. In another picture in this set of three photos, this soldier has taken off his overcoat, and the emblem on his epaulette reveals him to be a member of the German 84th Foot Artillery.
The shoulder strap of the Medic on the right indicates that he is assigned to the German 16th Infantry. The medic wears the distinctive red cross armband and is carrying a canteen. The other picture of the medic reveals that he is armed with a holstered pistol on his right side, but it is not visible in this photograph because of the way he is turned. On yet another photograph of this Medic, he is identified as "Karl Rich" on the back of the picture.
If this is a guard shack, it certainly is a fancy one. It is embellished with a decorative metal border at the edge of the roof and is topped by a delicate spire adorned with what appear to be metal flowers on wire stems. A pair of graceful planters flank the doorway, and vines from the planters grow up the sides and festoon the top of the doorway. Inside the structure, two graceful rattan chairs and a table can be seen. There is a mat on the floor.
Perhaps this is not really a guard shack, but is instead a scenic observation structure from which the city can be viewed.
All in all, this is a fascinating set of three WWI photographs, which poses a many, many interesting questions to which we may never know the answers.
flickr EXPLORE: 29 October 2007 #498
Yet ANOTHER shot of my art studio/bedroom. The drafting table was a street find. I was so excited to have stumbled upon one of these old school surfaces! Top even properly tilts up!
Imagine, upon first finding the loft, I found out from the person who originally scouted the table that it had actually come from the very loft in which I now live! NOW, who says "things" don't have feelings? There was no way this table was leaving its home. And that's proof - positive.
So, after a brief stay in a cramped 900sf apartment, it has finally returned to its rightful 4000sf home! The previous owner was an art restorer who carefully breathed new life into pieces hanging in the MoMa & the Met!
Every time I sit at this table, I think of all of the past works that have been conceptualised, restored & invented on it & I am ---> intimidated (ok, a little inspired)! Go sustainable!
Photography / Interior design: Alane Golden, eyewash design, NYC - 2007
Similar posts: end table design stainless steel pedestal table small wooden kitchen tables pine log table woodworking coffee tables folding leg poker table mirage cocktail table kitchen table sets with bench pine table tops
- (月) 20:06:59|
- Category: None